Friday, October 12, 2012

Growing "pains" and my most favorite Halloween project EVER!

I put "pains" in quotations because it sounds kind of negative.  It's not meant negative at all.  But, that is the best description of what has been going on here at Woven Home. Coming off of a huge sale at Finders Keepers and in the midst of our flagship store opening in Lynchburg, VA, on top of everything we were doing before those two projects came busting onto the scene.... growing pains.  More on all that to come! So, if we seem sporadic, we are.  Even if our blogging isn't super frequent for a while you can bet we'll do our best to at least make it awesome!  Now, for the awesome part!

Can I start by saying this idea just came to me.  I'm sure I'm not the first one to do it.  Positive, in fact.  But, I didn't see it on Pinterest or another blog and go do.  I thought of it and did it.  Am I the only one who feels completely unable to come up with an original idea these days?  And, like this one, even if I think its original...I'm sure its probably just not.  But, that doesn't take away from how thrilled I was when I thought of this and executed it!

I was perusing Graphics Fairy and came across this excellent skull.  I originally printed it and was going to Mod Podge it onto white salad plates... it was too big.  I threw it down and kept throwing plastic spiders and skeletons everywhere.  As I walked by my white lamp I stuck the image behind it... magic!!!  I absolutely LOVED it!  Although we were late for a birthday party I had to go print one more for the other lamp shade. 


Directions for this project.
1. Print your graphic of plain white printer paper
2. Cut out
3. Tape to inside of lamp shade (just scotch tape will do)
4. Turn it on and ogle at your creative genius!

Skull link
Spider link (I used the second graphic and cut off the branch)

That's it!  5 minute project tops!  HAPPY HAUNTING!

Kandi

17 comments:

  1. This is amazing and I would have totally been late to the party too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea to make a lamp look scary for Halloween.

    Please let me know where your store will be located so that I can visit y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing and I would have totally been late to the party too ;) دانلود آهنگ های پرطرفدار جدید

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate starting this up. Your website is one 파워사다리

    ReplyDelete
  5. 더 많은 새로운 업데이트를 기다리고 있으며 이미 최근 게시물을 읽었습니다. 소액결제현금화

    ReplyDelete
  6. 나는 그것의 굉장한 것을 말해야한다! 소액결제현금화

    ReplyDelete
  7. 나는 귀하의 결론에 부합하며 다음 업데이트를 간절히 기대합니다. 소액결제현금화

    ReplyDelete
  8. 이 훌륭한 정보를 갖고 싶습니다. 난 그것을 너무 좋아한다! 소액결제현금화

    ReplyDelete
  9. 내 웹 사이트에서 비슷한 텍스트를 볼 수 있습니다. 스포츠중계

    ReplyDelete
  10. 이 훌륭한 정보를 갖고 싶습니다. 난 그것을 너무 좋아한다! 링크모음

    ReplyDelete
  11. 이 멋진 정보를 얻게되어 정말 감사합니다 링크모음

    ReplyDelete
  12. "fantastic post, very informative. I’m wondering Schlüsseldienst Helmstedt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing excellent information Webagentur Hannover

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing excellent information.. Webagentur Hannover

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity