Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Griege

Perhaps I am a little behind the curve, so this post maybe more for me than you, but I am just learning about Greige....do you all know what this is?  Greige (gra,grege, gray) adj. not bleached or dyed unfinished raw according to a blog dedicated to all things greige www.greigedesign.blogspot.com  If you get a chance go to this link please do, her style is so beautiful.  It makes me want to sell my home and buy an old estate, and recreate the greige style.  But since this is not practical....here are are few images and ideas that have inspired me, and are a little more doable in my own home, and yours.

First it all starts with wall color.  Both Kandi and I have been looking for the perfect neutral wall color that is not only tan, but also gray.  I found mine at Home Depot, it is Behr "wheat bread."  It is perfect for my home, I just painted my mudroom in this color.  ( it almost finished)  I brought this color to Kandi, but it is a little dark for her home.  However I was on Pinterest the otherday, and I found this amazing color chart....if you like the color, but it is too dark for your space, you can always ask the paint department to only tint the paint at 50-75% This will lighten the color. 


Here are a few more "Greige" spaces


Pippin Hill, Virginia Vineyard from http://www.greylikesweddings.com/

winery, from http://www.blisseventproductions.com/



display from google.com










I hope you find these images as beautiful as I do.....
enjoy
Rebekah

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love that color! I painted my sons room a darker shade of that and loved it. I had the same color lightened 2 shades and painted my foyer and hall and stairs hall. I had no idea what it was called. My paint co. saved it for me. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew your foyer color because that is what I need for mine! It is just full of "not quite right" paint swatches right now!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity